Rip, structural, outlet and channel currents continue to take the lives of swimmers each year in the Great Lakes. To help raise awareness of the issue and to share collected knowledge through the network of beach managers, first responders and others, Michigan Sea Grant and partners have organized the Great Lakes Beach Hazards and Water Safety Conference.
There are two dates and locations to choose from:
- April 21, 2015 in Michigan City, Indiana.
- To learn more about the event, click here.
- May 6, 2015 in Gaylord, Michigan.
More Details About the Michigan Event:
- Agenda (PDF)
- Questions? Contact: Ron Kinnunen, Michigan Sea Grant Upper Peninsula Extension Educator at (906) 226-3687 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Michigan Sea Grant and Michigan State University Extension worked with the Mackinac County Water Safety Review Team and the National Weather Service to organize the event.
- This is the third Michigan event — set for every other year — focusing on bringing people together to learn and share more information about dangerous currents and beach hazards.