The Clean Marina Classroom is going on the road! In spring 2018, the Michigan Clean Marina Program will offer several in-person workshops. Michigan Sea Grant staff and Clean Marina certification specialists will cover important lessons from the online classroom tied to mandatory and recommended best practices for becoming a Clean Marina. Pledged marinas, as well as marinas due for re-certification in 2018, are invited to attend.
For the Classroom Live workshop to be effective, participants must take the following steps before the workshop:
- Register for the workshop (dates and locations below).
- Sign the Clean Marina pledge form (new and re-certifying marinas) and pay the required pledge fee (new marinas only).
- Log in to the online classroom and complete the marina self-assessment (also called the certification checklist).
- Bring your self-assessment, a notebook (paper and pencil or laptop) and your calendar to the workshop.
In return, each marina will leave with:
- Clean Marina Classroom certificate
- Scheduled certification site visit date
- Prize for completing the workshop evaluation and survey
When: March 27, 2018
Where: Thomas Welsh Activity Center, Lake St. Clair Metropark, 31300 Metro Parkway, Harrison Township, MI 48045
Workshop Host: Joe Hall and Sue Knapp