Michigan Sea Grant Extension Fellowship
The Michigan Sea Grant Extension Fellows Program is designed for Michigan State University master’s or doctoral students interested in engaged scholarship for research and Extension engagement within the Great Lakes region.
The program enables graduate students interested in community-engaged scholarship, outreach, and engagement relating to one or more of the following areas:
- Global freshwater fisheries
- Fisheries and food security
- Water quality, supply, and human health
- Great Lakes commerce and transportation
- Telecoupled systems to develop skills for helping decision-makers and other stakeholders to clarify actions or policy options, serving as honest brokers of policy alternatives on issues important to the sustainability of the Great Lakes region.
The length of the assignment is for one year, starting in the fall semester of 2020. Applications are due Feb. 26, 2020. Selections will be made and applicants notified by the end of April 2020.
Learn more about eligibility requirements and the application process on the Michigan State University Extension website. Apply online here.
Dr. Heather Triezenberg
Manly Miles Building
1405 S. Harrison Road, Room 305
East Lansing, MI 48823