General inquiries please email, email@example.com
Program Coordinators from the Michigan Boating Industries Association and Michigan Sea Grant coordinate all Clean Marina certification activities. To inquire about the certification process, contact:
- Danielle Fahim, Clean Marina Program Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, (734) 261-0123, ext. 1
- Elizabeth Striano, Communications Lead, email@example.com, (734) 764-6453
The Clean Marina Operations Committee approves new certifications and recertifications. Committee members review checklists, notes and recommendations from the site visits conducted by Certification Specialists annually. Committee members include marina owners/operators and others.
Operations Committee Members:
- Chris Babcock, Materials Management Division, Mich. Department of Environment, Great Lakes, and Energy (EGLE), BabcockC4@michigan.gov
- Brian Kelley, Certification Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nick Cortes, West Michigan Specialist, email@example.com
- Liz Szlaga, Administrative Support Specialist, MBIA, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danielle Fahim, Clean Marina Program Coordinator, email@example.com
- Elizabeth Striano, Communications Lead, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Alex Turner
- Ward Walstrom
- Mike Singleton
- Joel Shoemaker
Michigan Clean Marina Foundation
The Clean Marina Foundation Board was established in 2008 and meets regularly to provide strategic oversight for the Clean Marina Program. Often, the Foundation Board meets in conjunction with the Operations Committee. The Foundation Board is responsible for implementing strategic plans to increase the total number of certified marinas, improve communication, and convey the benefits of the Michigan Clean Marina Program.
Clean Marina Foundation Board of Directors:
- President: Mark Breederland, Northwest District Extension Educator, Michigan Sea Grant
- Treasurer: Nicki Polan, Executive Director, Michigan Boating Industries Association
- Secretary: Ward Walstrom
- Directors: Chris Babcock, Gerard Santoro (Macomb County Planning and Economic Development), and Kathleen Torresen.
- Administrator: Danielle Fahim, Accountant, Michigan Boating Industries Association