Michigan Sea Grant’s annual Great Lakes Fisheries Workshops bring communities together with fisheries research and management partners to discuss research findings, management updates, and fishing trends. Fisheries and natural resource managers provide big-picture context to what’s happening in the lakes and how it will affect fish populations for anglers, charter captains, natural resources professionals, commercial fishers, and other interested stakeholders.
All workshops are free and open to the public. Some are filmed and made available through Michigan Sea Grant’s YouTube channel.
- April 29, Houghton (Great Lakes Research Center), Agenda (PDF)
Lake Huron Regional
- April 11, Port Huron (Eagles Hall), Agenda (PDF)
- April 16, Bay City (The Canteen Hall, Bay County Fairgrounds), Agenda (PDF)
- April 25, Alpena (NOAA TBNMS Great Lakes Maritime Heritage Center), Agenda (PDF)
- April 30, Cedarville (Clark Township Community Center), Agenda (PDF)
Southern Lake Michigan
- April 18,South Haven (Moose Lodge)
Workshop flyer (PDF)
Find more workshop videos on Michigan Sea Grant’s YouTube channel.