- This event has passed.
Great Lakes Aquaculture Days 2021: Ozark Fisheries – Pond and Recirculating Aquaculture Systems
September 1 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Host: Great Lakes Aquaculture Collaborative (GLAC)
Dates: August 31, 2021 through September 2, 2021
(Times all in Eastern)
- Aug 31, 3pm: Branch River Trout Hatchery – Raceways in combination with Winery, WI
- Aug 31, 4pm: Ripple Rock Fish Farms – Recirculating Aquaculture System, OH
- Sept 1, 3pm: Hickling’s Fish Farm – Bass and Trout Raceways and Ponds, NY
- Sept 1, 4pm: Ozark Fisheries – Pond and Recirculating Aquaculture Systems, IN/MO
- Sept 2, 3pm: Lincoln Bait LLC – Bait Farm, MN
- Sept 2, 4pm: Cedar Brook Trout Farm – Trout Raceways, MI
Description: Great Lakes Aquaculture Days is a chance for those interested in aquaculture, and its products, to learn more. This year we will highlight 6 farms through virtual farm tours, live farmer interviews, and a live audience Q&A time. This is a great opportunity for those who would like to start an aquaculture farm, those who own a farm, or those who would like to learn more about aquaculture to see examples of successful aquaculture businesses across the region.
Virtual tours and farmer interviews will start each day at 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. (Eastern Time) with a 3-part schedule of:
- 15-20 minutes – Pre-recorded virtual farm tour
- 10-20 minutes – Live farmer interview
- 10-20 minutes – Live audience Q&A for farmers and Sea Grant aquaculture experts
Event takes place via Zoom Technology (link will be emailed to registrants). The Zoom link will be live 30 minutes prior to the start each day.