- This event has passed.
Les Cheneaux Islands Fisheries Workshop
May 21, 2020 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Online via Zoom
Spring fishery workshops – offered online this year – offer current research and information related to the status of the Lake Huron fishery
Michigan Sea Grant and Michigan State University Extension, in partnership with the Department of Natural Resources Fisheries Division, USGS Great Lakes Science Center, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and local fishery organizations annually host evening regional workshops across Lake Huron’s coastline.
These workshops are typically held across coastal Lake Huron communities each year, but due to novel coronavirus and social distancing guidelines we are hosting a variation of this year’s workshops in a virtual, online format using a platform called Zoom.
Registration for this event is free, but you must register by May 20.
A link to the Zoom webinar will be e-mailed to all registrants on the morning of May 21.
Workshops are free and open to the public, these online workshops will provide valuable information for anglers, charter captains, resource professionals, and interested community members. Workshops will include information and status updates on topics such as fish populations and angler catch data, forage or prey fish surveys, offshore fisheries and native Lake Trout, status of Saginaw Bay Yellow Perch and Walleye, as well as updates on fisheries management activities, citizen science opportunities for anglers, and a variety of other Lake Huron topics of local interest.
- Introductions (Brandon Schroeder, Michigan Sea Grant)
- Les Cheneaux Islands Fish Community Survey (Dave Fielder, DNR Fisheries Research)
- Cormorant Management Updates (Tony Aderman, USDA Wildlife Services)
- Lake Huron-Michigan Predator Diet Study (Brian Roth and Jake Sawecki, MSU Dept of Fisheries and Wildlife)
- GLATOS: Acoustic Telemetry talk relating to Cisco (Todd Hayden, USGS Hammond Bay Biological Station)
- Management Updates (Dave Borgeson, DNR Fisheries Management)
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on May 20, 2020.