Michigan Water School Webinar: Water Quality
October 22 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
WHAT IS WATER SCHOOL?
Michigan Water School is a program to help elected and appointed officials increase their knowledge about water management and gain access to tools and resources to help impact their local economy.
Water School topics include:
- Factors that impact Michigan water
- The Blue Economy
- Fiscal benefits of water management
- Incorporating water into local planning and place-making
- Risk assessment approaches
- Resources to help address water problems
- Water policy at federal, tribal, state, and local levels
Hosted by Michigan Sea Grant and Michigan State University Extension, two-day Water School workshops are hosted in various locations around the state. Check the schedule for information about upcoming workshops. Please note that no workshops are being held in 2020, due to COVID-19.
In 2020, a four-part webinar series is capturing fundamental topics from sections of the Water School curriculum. Speakers will include educators and faculty from MSU and MSU Extension, as well as other experts providing local perspectives.
Register for one or more webinars in the series here: events.anr.msu.edu/WaterSchoolWebinarSeries2020