- This event has passed.
Saginaw Bay Fisheries Workshop
May 14 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Spring fishery workshops – offered online this year – offer current research and information related to the status of the Lake Huron fishery
Michigan Sea Grant and Michigan State University Extension, in partnership with the Department of Natural Resources Fisheries Division, USGS Great Lakes Science Center, US Fish and Wildlife Service, and local fishery organizations annually host evening regional workshops across Lake Huron’s coastline.
These workshops are typically held across coastal Lake Huron communities each year, but due to novel coronavirus and social distancing guidelines we are hosting a variation of this year’s workshops in a virtual, online format using a platform called Zoom.
Registration for this event is free, but you must register by May 13.
A link to the Zoom webinar will be e-mailed to all registrants on the morning of May 14.
Workshops are free and open to the public, these online workshops will provide valuable information for anglers, charter captains, resource professionals, and interested community members. Workshops will include information and status updates on topics such as fish populations and angler catch data, forage or prey fish surveys, offshore fisheries and native Lake Trout, status of Saginaw Bay Yellow Perch and Walleye, as well as updates on fisheries management activities, citizen science opportunities for anglers, and a variety of other Lake Huron topics of local interest.
- Introductions (Brandon Schroeder, Michigan Sea Grant)
- Saginaw Bay Walleye and Yellow Perch (Dave Fielder, DNR Fisheries Research)
- Saginaw Bay Reef Restoration Project (Saginaw Bay Reef Restoration Partnership and video produced by The Conservation Fund and Fauna Creative)
- Cisco Restoration in Lake Huron (Chris Olds, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service)
- Lake Huron-Michigan Predator Diet Study (Brian Roth and Greg Byford, MSU Dept of Fisheries and Wildlife)
- Management Updates (Jeff Jolley, DNR Fisheries Management)
Registration for 2020 Southern Lake MI Fisheries Workshop – Saginaw Bay is open.
Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on May 13, 2020.