Plans and reports
Michigan Sea Grant has outlined strategies to address Michigan’s coastal and Great Lakes issues in our 2018-2021 Strategic Plan. The plan describes how Michigan Sea Grant management, staff, and partners will achieve the desired outcomes and measure success in addressing four focus areas established by National Sea Grant:
- Healthy coastal ecosystems
- Sustainable fisheries and aquaculture
- Resilient communities and economies
- Environmental literacy and workforce development
Both quantitative and qualitative information is used to improve programs and help direct future efforts, such as the goals and outcomes outlined in this plan.
In the report, each goal represents a desired future condition for Michigan, the region, and the nation. Outcomes are benchmarks from which Michigan Sea Grant can track progress toward achieving each goal.
- 2018-2021 Strategic Plan (PDF)