National Marine Fisheries Services (NMFS) Fellowships
The NOAA National Sea Grant Office and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) work together to offer graduate fellowship opportunities in two specialized areas:
- Marine resource economics
- Population and ecosystem dynamics
Learn more about these funding opportunities on the National Sea Grant website.
Applicants must be United States citizens. At the time of application, prospective students must be admitted to a PhD degree program at an institution of higher education in the United States or its territories, or submit a signed letter from the institution indicating provisional acceptance to a PhD degree program conditional on obtaining financial support such as this Fellowship. Applications must come from Sea Grant programs.
Fellows will work on thesis problems of public interest and relevance to NMFS under the guidance of NMFS mentors at participating NMFS Science Centers or Offices.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application Guide (applies to all NOAA fellowships)
- National Marine Fisheries Service Fellowship Website
- 2023 NMFS-Sea Grant Fellowship Student Guide
- Student Applicant Guide to Sea Grant Fellowships
January 25, 2023, 5:00 pm
Michigan Sea Grant
NMFS-Sea Grant Fellowship