Meaghan Gass works with coastal communities and businesses in the Saginaw Bay region of Michigan to apply science-based knowledge to address Great Lakes issues. Her district includes Arenac, Bay, Tuscola, Huron, and Sanilac counties. She divides her time between offices in Bay City and Standish (Arenac County).
Meaghan’s focus areas include Great Lakes literacy, community resilience, and place-based and natural resources education.
Meaghan was featured in Michigan Sea Grant’s Upwellings newsletter, along with some of her favorite places around Saginaw Bay: Read the article (PDF)
- M.A., Political Science, Saint Louis University
- B.A., Political Science and French, Illinois State University
- Network Coordinator for the Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative, 2015-2018
- Board Member of Huron Pines, a non-profit with a mission to protect the Great Lakes by conserving the forests, lakes, and streams of northeast Michigan, 2016-2018
- Plastics F.L.O.A.T. 4-H Club Leader, 2017-2018
- Huron Pines AmeriCorps Member serving with the Northeast Michigan Great Lakes Stewardship Initiative, 2015
- Electronic Media Manager – Youth Leadership Program with Belarus, 2013-2014
Extension Educator, Saginaw Bay District
Read about Meaghan’s work in her article series.