- This event has passed.
2022 Aquaculture Challenge Team Registration Closes
January 11 @ 11:00 pm - 11:30 pm
The Challenge gives the students a few months to conceptualize and implement their system design, configure their monitoring system and sensors to monitor their system, and create their outreach and extension projects. The students are supported through virtual resources and a team liaison who meets with teams throughout the year. Finally teams complete the challenge by submitting documents and videos describing their systems, monitoring and outreach. Awards are given for each component of the challenge along with a cumulative award.
General Timeline of Events
- Nov 1st: Registration Opens
- November 1st – January 11th: Asynchronous Coach Check-In 1a – A 2-3 hour Google Classroom training that introduces the challenge and team requirements. Coaches complete at their own pace
- December 14th or January 10th, 4:30pm – 6:00pm ET: Coach Zoom Check-In 1b – Live coach training to review google classroom unit. Only attend one.
- January 11th: Last day to register a team. Registration closes at midnight
- January 28th, 4:30PM-5:30PM: Virtual Open House and Team Meet and Greet
- February: Milestone 2 Check-In – Teams check in with liaison
- March: Milestone 3 Check-In – Teams check in with liaison
- April 9th: Due Date for Submissions
- April 16th: Virtual Ceremony