4-H Great Lakes and Natural Resources Camp
August 4 @ 8:00 am - August 10 @ 5:00 pm
Young teens have fun and amazing outdoor hands-on learning experiences as they go charter fishing, snorkeling, sailing, hike through forests, wade through wetlands, explore dunes and more! This really fun MSU pre-college program could be the highlight of your summer – it could even change your life!
Learning sessions and recreation are designed to:
- Increase teens’ appreciation and enjoyment of the outdoors, natural resources, and science.
- Increase teens’ knowledge about the Great Lakes, natural resources ecology and management issues.
- Develop strong attitudinal attachment to Michigan’s unique natural resources and bioregional features.
- Foster scientifically rooted environmental stewardship.
- Develop and expand career and personal interests.
- Develop leadership skills and self-confidence.
- Increase social and academic skills needed for a successful transition to college and life as an adult.