- This event has passed.
Fisheries Heritage Trail Conference 2022
May 24 @ 8:00 am - May 25 @ 5:00 pm
May 24-25, 2022
St. Ignace, Michigan
Our valuable Great Lakes fisheries (past, present, and future) can benefit
- local museum programs,
- enhance coastal tourism development opportunities,
- and support community development efforts.
Learn more about Michigan’s Great Lakes Fisheries Heritage Consortium projects and partnerships, including a newly launched regional fisheries heritage trail website.
This educational program is open to everyone interested in promoting maritime heritage tourism and Great Lakes stewardship.
Registration is $50 ($30 students) to participate.
- Tuesday, May 24: Activities begin at noon at St. Ignace Cultural Center (500 N State St., St. Ignace, MI 49781) with registration and a picnic. Following the picnic there will be community tours.
- Wednesday, May 25: We’ll meet 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the St. Ignace Public Library (110 W Spruce St, St Ignace, MI 49781) for our Educational Great Lakes Heritage Trails Conference.
- Lodging reservations – don’t forget to make your lodging reservations! We have a block of rooms held downtown (near the Cultural Center) at the Driftwood Motel (590 N. State Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781 – 906-643-7744 – block held under “Great Lakes fisheries”). There are plenty of other lodging options in the area, too – but wanted to provide this option, and have a block of rooms held there until early May (so make your reservations early!).
Registration for Fisheries Heritage Trail Conference 2022 is open. Registration closes at 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2022.
Michigan State University is committed to providing equal opportunity for participation in all programs, services and activities. Accommodations for persons with disabilities may be requested by contacting the event contact two weeks prior to the start of the event. Requests received after this date will be honored whenever possible.
For information contact Brandon Schroeder, Michigan Sea Grant, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 989-354-9885.