- This event has passed.
GreenFest at the Detroit Zoo
August 6 @ 12:00 pm - August 7 @ 5:00 pm
GreenFest: Embrace Your Green Journey
Free with Zoo admission | Free for members
GreenFest 2022, presented by DTE, will open new doors to environmental stewardship for attendees of all ages.
The 2022 theme “Embrace Your Green Journey!” is both a challenge and invitation. No matter where you are in your readiness to adopt new practices, from “green” sympathizer to skeptic, GreenFest is about showing what is possible through fun activities and educational displays. You will leave equipped with resources to live greener, take care of the planet and improve your quality of life. Get ready to “Embrace Your Green Journey!”
Be sure to visit the Michigan State University Extension table — you might even spot new MISG Extension team member Erica Clites!
What can we expect at GreenFest?
- An eclectic lineup of live music throughout the entire weekend festival
- A variety of green food trucks
- A sustainable marketplace shopping experience
- Hands-on “green journey” activities
- Green education stations
- Complimentary nature-based yoga sessions
- Access to the Zoo’s naturalistic 125 acres
- Animal habitat chats
- Themed photo opportunities
- Complimentary access to Sayaka Ganz, a reclaimed creations art exhibition
- Access to Dinosauria, an immersive walk-through experience featuring 29 life-like animatronic dinosaurs! (additional fees apply)
What’s new at GreenFest 2022
Due to popular demand, GreenFest 2022 is now a two-day weekend festival! New features include live music, a sustainable marketplace shopping experience and more.
How does GreenFest support the Detroit Zoological Society (DZS) mission?
Celebrating and Saving Wildlife and Wild Places. Your event admission provides support so that the DZS can continue to demonstrate extraordinary leadership in environmental sustainability. GreenFest will promote sustainability and eco-friendly practices through fun activities and educational displays, encouraging guests to make the world a greener place.