Tools and Tactics Guidebook
The Sustainable Small Harbors Tools and Tactics Guidebook empowers communities to conduct their own self-assessments and develop a plan for long-term environmental, economic, and social sustainability. Each element in the Guidebook’s suggested process can be tailored to fit the community’s unique strengths and needs:
- Community Inventory: Get to know the community through census data, planning documents, aerial photos, and other sources of information.
- Waterfront Inventory: Get to know the community’s waterfront assets through marina statistics, federal dredging records, and other sources of information.
- Visioning/Planning: Bring the community together to discuss strengths, weaknesses, and visions for the future.
- Value Capture: Understand the flow of funding through the community and potential ways to leverage waterfront assets to generate more economic activity.
- Implementation: Identify people and actions that can propel the plan forward.