The Healthy Watersheds, Healthy Communities Program is offering two training sessions to engage middle and high school teachers in place-based stewardship education.
The training can help teachers:
- Teach students about their local Great Lakes watershed
- Explore watershed health and identify stressors to local ecosystems
- Learn about coastal wetlands and their plants and animals
- Identify potential stewardship opportunities for students
- Get students learning outside!
Separate training events will be held on August 16 and 17:
- August 16, 2017 — Lake Erie Metropark Marshland Museum (Wayne County) PDF
- August 17, 2017 — River Raisin Institute (Monroe) PDF
Space is limited, so register by August 1 to reserve your seat! Contact Daria Hyde at firstname.lastname@example.org or (517) 284-6189. Click on the PDF links above for more details.