Michigan’s lakes and rivers often bustle with a variety of paddlers. Kayak, canoe, and stand-up paddleboard users traverse the state’s many waterways in search of tranquility or adventure. Michigan Sea Grant is enlisting paddlers in a fight to protect the waters they love through the MI Paddle Stewards program.
This online program consists of 5 units including MI Watch List species overview, Michigan Clean Boats, Clean Waters, proper cleaning methods for you craft, how to report an invasive species using the MISIN app, and additional resources. The course is self-paced and takes around 3 hours total to complete. The course is designed so the user has the ability to pause and pick up where they left off later.
For questions and more information, contact Mary Bohling (email@example.com).
REGISTRATION INSTRUCTIONS (FOLLOW STEPS 1-3 BELOW)
To register for this course you will need to create an account, sign in with your email/password, and complete the registration process. To watch a video tutorial, demonstrating an overview of the registration process, click on the following link: Online Course Registration Video Tutorial. Step-by-step instructions are below.
- STEP #1: Create your MSU Guest Account and Password: Create Your Account.
- STEP #2: Login to the registration system with your Guest Account and Password: Michigan Paddle Stewards Course Registration
- STEP #3: Follow the instructions to register for the course. Upon registration, you will receive a receipt and instructions for accessing the course.
For technical assistance please contact Michigan State University Discovery Services at (517) 353-8700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They are available from 7am-Midnight Monday through Friday and 10am-Midnight on Saturday/Sunday.
LOGGING INTO THE ONLINE COURSE
Once you have registered, you will receive an email with instructions on how to login to the course at https://d2l.msu.edu. You will use the same login credentials that you set during registration (your NetID is your email address used during registration and use the same password set during registration). If you need to reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu and select the option for Forgot Password.
- What is my username/NETID?
Your username (or NET ID) is the email address you used to create your account during registration (you use the same email address/password for registering and for taking the course).
- What URL do I go to for logging into the course?
Go to: https://d2l.msu.edu. You will see the Michigan State University at the top of the page.
- I received a “not authenticated” response when trying to login – what do I do?
A “not authenticated” message is typically an issue with a password not being entered correctly. To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu/ and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- I forgot my password – where can I reset it?
To reset your password at any time go to: https://community.idm.msu.edu and select the option for Forgot Password. You will receive an email from a sender called “Community ID” with a link to reset your password.
- Who can I call for technical support?If you have any technical problems, please contact the Michigan State University IT Service Desk from 7am-12am Monday through Friday and 10am-12am on Saturday/Sunday any day that the University is open.