Preparing articles, presentations, and posters
When preparing presentations, posters, or outreach materials related to Sea Grant-funded projects, please follow these guidelines:
- Include the following acknowledgement text: “This publication, poster, or presentation is a result of work sponsored by Michigan Sea Grant College Program, (include project number), under: (include Federal grant number) from National Sea Grant, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce, with funds from the State of Michigan.”
- Federal grant numbers are listed in the right hand column. Project numbers can be found under “Past Projects” or in your grant contract (e.g., R/CCD-10).
- Please use the Michigan Sea Grant logo on research posters and in electronic presentations. An electronic copy is available, see: Logo
Submitting publications to Michigan Sea Grant
Tracking and promoting publications is critical to our program. As a requirement of funding, Principal Investigators must submit all published articles related to Sea Grant-supported projects, regardless of the publication date. Michigan Sea Grant is required to send copies of these publications to the National Sea Grant Library.
Please forward all research, education, and outreach publications regardless of the publication date. CD, DVDs, or hard copies can be mailed to the address below, or send electronic documents (PDF or link to URL) to Michigan Sea Grant at email@example.com.
To enter your publication information into the Michigan Sea Grant database, please click on the button in the upper right. All publications will be reviewed before forwarding to the National Sea Grant Library.
Research articles, journal reprints, and presentations
Michigan Sea Grant is required to send the federal government copies of all articles published by our supported researchers. These publications are a critical part of ensuring the continued funding of our research program.
Michigan Sea Grant will fund a portion of reprint charges of articles published in peer-reviewed journals, provided that all of the following requirements have been met:
- Include the Federal Grant Number
- Include the following acknowledgement: “Supported by Michigan Sea Grant College Program, project number: (include number), under Federal grant number: (include number) from National Sea Grant, NOAA, U.S. Department of Commerce, and the State of Michigan.”
- Send electronic files via email to: MI-Sea-Grant@umich.edu
- Send print article copies (6 total) to: Michigan Sea Grant, University of Michigan
Attn: Journal Articles
520 E. Liberty St., Suite 310
Ann Arbor, MI 48104-2210
Note: The U.S. Government is authorized to produce and distribute reprints for governmental purposes notwithstanding any copyright notation appearing hereon. If you use another source of funding for reprints of an article based on Sea Grant-supported research, include the acknowledgement above in the article and provide six copies (or if available, a PDF file) to Michigan Sea Grant.
Erin De Vries
Federal Grant Numbers
2018 – 2021: NA18OAR4170102
2014 – 2018: NA14OAR4170070
2010 – 2014: NA10OAR4170071
2005 – 2009: NA05OAR4171045
2001 – 2005: NA16RG1145
2001 – 2003: NA16RG2194
Note: The U.S. Government is authorized to produce and distribute reprints for governmental purposes notwithstanding any copyright notation appearing hereon.