Water Quality (Data Set)
Summary: Various measurements from Lake Erie can be used to explore algae blooms. A variety of parameters can be used for nearshore (littoral) to offshore (pelagic) comparisons and for exploring the relationships among parameters.
Note: For a question to be testable, the locality, time, and variables must be specific.
View the Data: water_quality.xlsx
Figure 1. Satellite image showing algae blooms and sediment inputs in Lake Erie
- Is there a relationship between pH and alkalinity (Dissolved CO2)?
- Is there a relationship between turbidity and Secchi depth?
- Does the water quality change between the nearshore and offshore environments?
- Is there a relationship between light and chlorophyll measurements?
- Does water temperature change between nearshore and offshore environments?